Saturday 2 May 2015

My Time to Craft GDT - New Baby

Hello... Saturday has come around again (so quickly!) and it's time for another of my GDT challenges over at 



and this week's theme is 

'New Baby'

This is a card that my daughter asked me to make for a friend who's baby boy was due. She wanted something without an image and something fairly flat for posting.... 

.....so I found a chunky font for the NEW BABY BOY words and digitally paper-pieced them with the blue gingham paper.  Then cut the letters out again and 3D'd them for added interest. Also found a fancy font for the Congratulations sentiment. The paper is from Pink Gem Designs... I altered the tone a little to make it look more like a 'baby blue'.


Gingham Paper: Pink Gem Designs
Sentiments: NEW BABY BOY - 'Agent Red Font'
Sentiments: Congratulations on Your - 'Fontdinerdotcom Sparkly Font'
Pearl: Mark Richards - 'White Glitter Dome'
Bow: gingham ribbon from stash

Hope you can pop over to My Time To Craft and see the rest of the teamies wonderful baby creations!

I would like to say thank you for all your lovely comments on my last card... it didn't look quite so bad when I looked at it again!! :-))

Can't believe it's May - can you? where did April go? 

I've had an awful week... nothing major... but by Thursday all the little things had really got to me... mainly to do with my dreaded 'tooth' which still needs removing... but had some more treatment and it's settled down again for now, and so I'm looking forward to weekend... gonna try and switch off from it all for a few days and chill out.... do some crafting and watch some catchup tv. Might take a look at the new drama Home Fires on Sunday.... just been reading about it and the cast looks good... fingers crossed it is good viewing as Poldark has now finished.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend
Take Care
Love and Hugs

20 comments:

meg said...

Hi Sue, hope you are feeling a little less sore, toothache is a miserable thing to have. Love the card it's a fantastic design what a great idea to paper piece the new baby boy words, love love the font on Congratulations.
Hope you have a great weekend Hugs Meg xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a darling little card Sue, I bet your daughter was pleased with it.

Sorry your tooth is still giving you trouble but glad it has settled again for the mean time.

Have a good weekend sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

MagsB said...

This is a terrific card, Sue! CAS and perfect for your commission - I bet the recipient loves it! How clever to digitally paper piece the words! Putting digis into Word for printing is the limit of my digi-fu, lol!

I'm sorry you've had a bad week, a hurting tooth is so debilitating. I hope it gets mended soon and that you'll have a much better time next week!

Enjoy a relaxing weekend!

love Mags B x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhhh no Sue the sooner that tooth gets removed the better!!! Hope it eases soon and you can have a relaxed weekend, Love the card, its super, Love Hazel xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love the 3D letters and the blue gingham looks so beautiful.
I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to get your tooth sorted out.
Big hugs Sue xx

Pat said...

Lovely card Sue, the gingham on your font looks great. Hope your toothache subsides over the weekend, and you get your chill out time.

Quite fancy Home Fires tomorrow myself but think I will have to record as our eldest son and family will be here for a meal and probably won't leave til late.

Pat xx

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! What a sweetie this is Sue..
I LOve your design..from the tipCongratulations with all these little stars above to the paper piece boy! It really is ellegant.
Nothing worse that trouble with teeth! They are something we tend to take for granted until trouble sets in.
Chrissyxx
Will give it a go on Sunday..
Going to my local Range tomorrow there's a Do-Craft girl there doing demp's and I like to have a Chat with her..
Have a lovely evening x

Chrissy said...

I think a toothache is the loneliest pain there is..horrible.
I just love your baby card Sue..very classy..and a fabulous design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cohenna said...

Lovely card Sue :)

Kathleen said...

Fabulous baby card, pity you didn't do it in pink and you could have sent it to the new Royal parents.

Great font and can never go wrong with gingham.

Kath xxx

cotnob said...

A wonderful New Baby card Sue, fabulous fonts and pretty gingham papers.
I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad week - I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

I've finally made my decision Sue, I’m saying farewell to blogland and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your wonderful creations, lovely friendship and sweet comments all this time. It’s been a real pleasure being part of this amazingly beautiful blogging community. Will write to you soon, ok? Sending lots of love and hugs your way, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Pia S said...

I love CAS baby cards. And this one's ideal for postage. The blue color is so right for a newborn baby boy. Very sweet, Sue, and I'm guessing it's exactly something like this your daughter wanted.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Genius missus, love it!!!
Hugs Shell xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is just perfect. Love the gingham paper piercing, very effective.

Hope your tooth settles down, toothache is the worst pain EVER!!

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Tammy said...

Fabulous baby card Sue! I love all of the different fonts you've used!! I hope your tooth gets better!
Big hugs, Tammy

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE the gingham pattern! A super baby boy card Sue. Hope you are doing well! Hugs D

Babs said...

Oh Sue, this is so sweet beautiful layout and one of my favourite papers gingham , so perfect for a baby boy..x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the gingham. Hope the tooth has settled down hun.

Donna x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous fonts, Sue, it's a very pretty new baby card.

Hope this week is much better, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit