Friday 29 June 2012

MAWTT Challenge 154 - Happy Birthday! Lulu with Cake...

Hi... I'm here again with some more inspiration for our Challenge over at..


and just in case you haven't heard already ...we are celebrating our 3rd Birthday!!! Woo Hoo!! and to celebrate we are having a theme of....

'Happy Birthday'

So we want to see your creations for a 'Happy Birthday' - it doesn't have to be a card... could be a gift.. a tag.. bag...cake...etc. as long as we can see that it follows a 'Birthday' theme!! 

We have some fab prizes to celebrate ... and you have until 8pm BST Wednesday 4th July 2012. We really hope lots of you can join in the fun and make it a big celebration!! 

This time I have made a Gift Bag using a gorgeous digi image from The Crafty Pad.. called 'Lulu with Cake'


I found a Template online and digitally filled it with Design Paper from Bearly Mine Designs. It's the first time I've made a Gift Bag and it's not perfect so don't look too closely at those edges!!! I had a template but no instructions!!! So I did make a few mistakes... but managed to unstick it and re-do it. 


I've used ribbon that I've had in my stash Forever!!!!!!!!!!!! for handles... LOL the colours don't go with very much but they were perfect to go with this paper...


On the reverse I've printed and coloured Happy birthday..


I've coloured Lulu with Promarkers and Flexmarkers...

It was nice to do something different and I might have another go.. you learn by your mistakes... so hopefully my next one will be even better!! :-))

The Crafty Pad is one of our Fab Sponsors for this Challenge!!!


and their generous Prize is 3 Digi Images of Winners Choice or 2 Digi images and a Paper Pack.

Please do pop on over to MAWTT for more details and to see all the other Fab Prizes that you could win!!! You can also check out my Teamies gorgeous creations this week - lots more inspiration for you!!

You can enter up to 3 Times!! with different creations but please No Backlinking.. this means that you can only enter a project that you have made on or after Thursday 21st June 2012 when our challenge began!! 

We are really looking forward to seeing all your wonderful 'Birthday' themed projects!!

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-

Sentimental Sunday - Challenge 108 - 'Cute and Girly' ends 30th June 2012
Fab'n Funky - Challenge 127 - 'Cute and Girly' ends 3rd July 2012
I Love Promarkers - Challenge 123 - 'Anything Goes' ends 3rd July 2012
Creative Belli Blog - Challenge 146 - 'Anything But a Card' ends 4th July 2012
(using ribbon I've had forever….)
Charisma Cardz - Challenge 25 - 'Anything Goes' ends 4th July 2012
Totally Papercrafts - 'Use a Digital Image' ends 5th July 2012


It's another blustery, showery day here in North West England .. so perfect for Crafting...!!  Off to play with some new stamps that have just arrived... I was lucky enough to win a Whiff of Joy Challenge a couple of weeks back and my prize was voucher for Simon Says Stamp. I chose some nice Christmas Stamps to do some more embossing!! :-)) The parcel came SO quickly from USA - it only took 6 days !!!! I am well impressed!! 
Hope you are all having a lovely day! Will catch up with you later!
Love and Hugs

36 comments:

chrissy xx said...

WoW! Sue this is FABulous!
LOving your colours and this Gorgeous stamp...Your ribbon goes perfect with the colour choice. LOve the back of the bag too....Fabulous sentiment...LOve it.
Chrissyxx
Oh! New Christmas Stamp....Can't wait to see what you make! Get cracking girl it is July Sunday xx

Laine said...

Hi Sue,
Wow what a stunning project. I love it all. The image is charming and so well coloured. The papers and the bag and details are fabulous.
Thank you for joining us this week at Totally Paper Craft Challenge.
Hugs
Laine
X

Unknown said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week!

Lisa xox

Judie said...

Oh my gosh Sue, this a delightful gift bag, so pretty, great papers and image.
Have a creative weekend.

Judie

Hazel (Didos) said...

Sue this is brilliant I love the bright colours you have gone for. Stunning, Love Hxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sue. I love the image and the cheerful colours on the paper and ribbon
Hope you have a fab weekend
hugs Sue

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous gift bag. I love the colours and image. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. Hugs, Jill x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is brilliant .. i love the papers you sued for the bag
Lisa x

Claire said...

This is a fabulous gift bag Sue - love the design and colours and sweet image too. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

WeirdCat said...

A lovely birthday bag, very pretty, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Sue said...

Fabulous gift bag Sue,love the image and colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Ally said...

a woman can never have enough gift bags :o) LOL! Yours is wonderful!
Sorry, I haven't answered your last email yet... lazy bones here is too tired and the heat doesn't make it any better...
Big hugs, Alessandra

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Kathleen said...

Oh I am afraid it does have to be a card with me, I am useless at bags and boxes, no matter how simple people say they are I just make one hell of a mess.
This is great though, love the papers and the image but especially love the Happy Birthday stamp.

Kath x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Sue I think your bag is perfect and can't see any mistakes at all! You are clever making your own gift bag. I was going to make some little boxes to put my DIL's birthday present in (some Pandora charms) but just didn't have the time but this would have been ideal! I am now down in London and Harrison is fast asleep so just catching up xx

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, so sorry I've not been by for ages - a case of real life getting in the way!

Gorgeous creations since I was here last - and love your gift bag in this post.

Will be trying to get back to normal soon.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Sarah

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous gift bag Sue, love the very sweet image and beautiful details. The colours are so scrummy. Love it!

Donna x

DesignerDiva said...

Hello my lovely Sue, I'm nearly caught up and back on schedule with my commenting lol!
I love your little gift bag - it looks perfect to me so you must have made a good job of undoing it and resticking lol!
No rain here today but the wind was really gusting - don't know whats happening!!!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Berit said...

Such a lovely gift bag you have made. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Berit x

coops said...

so gorgeous sue.i love your fabulous colour combo and fab sweet image :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Sue. I can't see anything wrong with it. Lovely image and coloured fabulously. The ribbon is a great match.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Debs said...

Oh this is fabulous Sue - and so cleverly put together :o)
Love the image and scrummy fresh colours.
The ribbon handles are the perfect finishing touch.
I too was well impressed with my delivery from Simon Says - quicker than some UK orders lol!!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Take care
Debs xx

sue w. said...

Hi Sue, this is fabulous. Love the papers and the image is lovely. What a fab project, could save you £'s they are so expensive to buy.
Hugs Sue W.

Shannon White said...

So CUTe Cute Cute Sue!! What a Darling Cheery gift bag! Just Love you Sweet image! Love the Fun color scheme too! just makes you feel like celebrating! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Weekend!
Shannon

cotnob said...

Fab gift bag Sue, I love the way you have coloured Lulu, your papers are gorgeous and your ribbon handles are a perfect match.
I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.
Pauline
x

Debbie said...

Hi Sue...what a lovely gift bag. I love the papers you have chosen.
Hugs Debbie x

Unknown said...

What a pretty image and a fab bag and so colourful well done Sue Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

What a sweet cupcake bag Sue! Such a happy colour combination and everything's just such a perfect match, image, papers, ribbon, colours. Spot on! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning gift bag hun, just love the colours you have used!
Have a great Sunday
hugs shell xx

June Nelson said...

Wow what a brilliant project, love this anmd everythgin matches perfectly , have a great evening hun huggies June xxxx

Judith said...

This is gorgeous Sue - I love this image your colours and beautiful design - thanks for playing this week at fab'n'funky challenges hugs Judith x

judit said...

Beautiful! Many thanks for joining Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

Mau xx said...

Hi sue, sorry not been around this week :( having mega probs with my internet/blogger whatever it is...error page...expired page... no comments on all most every blog..you name it I've got it. I am so fed-up now.
Love your brilliant creation though, hope you are ok xxxx Mau

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, it's lovely to be back and catching up with all your gorgeous makes! Fab gift bag - I can never get these right!
xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, what a smashing idea and fab bag! I would keep it out on display with the card, its gorgeous Sue! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Sue...this is a gorgeous gift bag...it's a gift in itself!!!! Your coloring is beautiful on that sweet little girl image and I love the papers you used!!!!!