Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sad News and Blooming Blossoms

It's been a while since I last posted. We had to have our beloved Tibetan Terrier Danny put to sleep just over a week ago and it has left us all devastated. He deteriorated so quickly but then blood tests showed that he had 75% kidney failure. As he was not eating, seemed in a lot of discomfort and was unaware of his surroundings, after discussions with the vet, we felt it was the kindest thing to let him go .....

Danny 1997-2011

He was 14 which is a really good age for a Tibetan and I take great comfort in the fact that he had a full and healthy life right up to the end and that he was much loved. It has left a huge void in our family though.  He was such a sweet natured dog, gave kisses everyday, and was always happy - and that is how I want to remember him !!!!

Danny as a mischievous puppy 1997

I have found it hard to come to terms with but it gets easier each day and as they say, Time is a Healer !! I need to get busy again. I am getting back into my cardmaking but I am making a lot of mistakes !! can't cut straight etc. etc. Anyway, I am looking forward to Easter. Spring is settling in, but where is the sun? hope it comes back to Manchester, UK.  LOL.

I made this card for a friend.  Some blossom trees are already out, and this paper/decoupage set reminds me of Japanese Cherry Blossom.  The backing paper and decoupage are from A4 Papermania Oriental Stack that my darling daughter bought me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. The papers are SO beautiful, lots of blossoms and decoupage and exploding boxes!!! ??? I must have a go at those !!!  LOL


I didn't want the card to be over fussy. The main flower and a couple of flowers below are decoupage, although they don't show up all that well in the photos, so I hope that you can see the effect. The strip down the left is Oriental Ribbon Sticker which I bought ages ago and can't remember where!  It says Best Wishes. Again it didn't photograph very well.

Decoupage - detail
That is it really, a nice quick card. I love doing decoupage because it really relaxes me. And it is so effective that I don't think you need to add much else.

I'm entering it into the following Challenges:

Allsorts - Week 97 - Blooming Blossoms (ends 8th April 2011)
Craft Your Passion - Challenge No. 52 - Anything Goes (ends 10th April 2011)
Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge No. 43 - Spring (ends 11th April 2011)
Delightful Challenges - Flowers (ends 6th April 2011)
PaperCrafting Journey - Challenge No. 7 - For The Ladies in Your LIfe (13th April 2011)
Fairy Fun Fridays - Challenge No. 49 - Oh So Spring (7th April 2011)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, so sorry to hear about Danny, I know how you are feeling, I lost my Shih Tzu dog in February. She was 16 and her quality of life was very poor, it was the kindest thing to do but the hardest decision. Time does heal, you know you have done the right thing for Danny. Its so sad when our fur babies leave us. Thinking of you.
Hugs, Barbara xx

Sue B said...

Aww thanks Barbara,

Yes, they are like human members of the family! Sorry to hear you lost your baby in February. Will try to remember all the good times we had!

Hugs Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

Sue I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Danny, I refuse to have another dog after having to make the same decision you just have. I was only a teenager when we had Shane put to sleep but you are so right, they are a member of your family.
Trying to keep busy is the best thing but only time will heal and you have some lovely memories.
Your card is beautiful, it's simplicity is gorgeous.
Take care and chin up
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Sending you huge hugs hunnie xxx

Your card is just gorgeous, I have these papers & they are so lush I really don't want to cut into them!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue B said...

Aww thanks Laurie!

Yes, we have lost other dogs in past and it is truly awful every time! This time it seems harder than ever. Partly because he was a very affectionate dog, a real softie and he joined in with everything family did, but I think maybe it feels so bad because it was so sudden. In a way it is a blessing because he didn't suffer long, but it makes it really hard coping with the loss !! Thank heavens for my crafting - it really does lift my spirits, glad you like my card!

Love 'n' Hugs
Sue xx

Sue B said...

Thanks Shell!

I know what you mean about cutting into those papers!!! They are gorgeous!

Hugs Sue xx

brenda said...

Hello Sue

I am so sorry to read about Danny.

We so love our pets and is is one of the most dreadful decisions we have to make at such times. It sounds very similar to what happened to one of our Dobies and then a Lab. I know we make the decison so they don't suffer, but it is still so hard to come to terms with.

Your card is lovely and I hope you will be able to lose yourself in your crafting to help ease the feeling of loss.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week.

Sending you big cyber hugs.

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Sue B said...

Thanks Brenda!

It does help knowing that people have been through the same thing. I am starting to enjoy my crafting again which is a good thing :-))

And the sun is shining today in Manchester, UK !!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the Stampalot Voucher - that is a fantastic prize!

Hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear about Danny! But you have some lovely memories of him.
We had a guinea pig a few years ago and he died after nearly four years with us and i still misss him!
Your cardis gorgeous, i love the big flower.
Warm hugsxxx

Sue B said...

Aww thanks Pat!

I do have some wonderful memories! The hardest part of owning any pet is losing them !!!

Hugs Sue xx

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about Danny. It is hard when our pets pass away.
Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.