Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Hi, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I have only been away from my blog and the cardmaking for just over a week and already I have got itchy fingers and want to get back to it!  So I was glad when my daughter asked me to make a quick Art Deco Card, classy but with sparkle and bling!




I hope this fits the bill then! She chose the image "Le Messager" from the Art Deco Set on Printable Heaven. I mounted the image on gold card. Outlined certain lines with glitter pen and added small gems along bridge and dress. A line of larger amber gems down side of card, and finally the peel off "Happy Birthday" mounted on black and gold card. It really was a quick card as it needs to go in the post tomorrow!


Im entering it for the following Challenge:
By The Cute and Girly - Bling It On Challenge - January 2011


Santa brought me a Sizzix Big Shot for Christmas - as it is my first ever die cutting machine - I am so excited!!  I haven't tried it out yet, but have sent for some dies. As they are expensive I am trying to start off with basic "nestabilities" shapes which I think I will use a lot. I have to try to curb my spending a little this year !!!  


I can't believe I only started my blog in September - it feels like I have been doing it a lot longer. One thing that I can say for certain is that both the blog and the cardmaking are addictive!

No comments: